Ever been to Singapore? Or do you reside there? Then you will agree with me that Singapore is a unique and special place to be. Singapore is an island country found in Southeast Asia. It is regarded as the hub of learning or education and also known for its economic prowess and a lot of attributes including:
• Human capital
• Logistics, and
Singapore is also unique from other countries in the sense that it experiences just two seasons (Although not distinctive) compared to four seasons in other parts of the world. They experience mostly humid and hot seasons round the year, this might be attributed to the country’s close proximity to the equator. There are two monsoons experienced throughout the year; first between December to March (perceived as winter), and between June to September.
Yes, I know what’s going through your mind right now, “how does this affect the cost of winter clothes cleaning cost?”.
I believe you deserve knowledge of the world’s smartest city and safest city, with its street moving with people of great class and taste. As a result of this, dressing and looking good is a major part of the people of Singapore. We tend to see leather coats, down comforters, suits, and other clothes made of high-quality materials.
Putting these materials into the washer might be risky and could cause damage to the clothes. So the best option is to send it to the clothes cleaners or the dry cleaners. There are several reasons why it is better to send your winter clothes to the dry cleaners, some reasons are;
• Your regular laundry washing involves the use of soaps and detergents with water, but the dry cleaning services make use of chemicals (sure! They are safe), like the perchloroethylene.
• The first reason above leads us here; dry cleaning with these tools applied by cleaning services prevents your clothes or fabric from fading and losing its color. This is certainly true since it has been observed that water, over time, causes some fabrics to fade, for example, dyed clothes.
• Another reason is for the retention of your clothes texture.
• Sending your clothes also minimizes the tendencies of wear and tear of the fabric
• You will also agree with me that dry cleaning is definitely more convenient.
Alright, we have seen reasons to send our winter clothes to the dry cleaners, the next question is how much does winter clothes cleaning cost in Singapore. Before that, let’s see what factors influence the cost of cleaning winter clothes in Singapore.
Nearly all cleaning services in Singapore takes into consideration the following factors in drawing up cost or pricing for cleaning.
• The overall operating cost of the business space
• The type of solvent or chemical used
• Cost of maintaining and operating the cleaning equipment
• And also, the local taxes and fees in disposing solvent
Prices for Cleaning
The prices may vary from one cleaning service to another in Singapore, but we have compiled Averages for popular clothes sent for cleaning in the country.
• The average cost of cleaning a shirt
The cost of dry cleaning a shirt may vary based on what you want to be done on the shirt. You could request a simple laundry without it being hand-pressed, this would be different for extras like ironing, sewing a button, or stitching a small hole. The price for a simple cleaning would cost around $4, while it would cost around $6 for the extras and laundry.
• The average cost of cleaning a pair of pants
For a pair of pants, the type of material is a major determinant of the price for cleaning. This could be around $4 to $8.
• The average cost for cleaning a suit
The material used in making the suit influences the price of dry cleaning. for instance, a wool suit would definitely cost more than a polyester suit. The average cost is between $8 to $12
• The average cost for cleaning a coat
Just as it was for suits, so it is for coats. The material used is a determinant of price. The price for dry cleaning a leather coat would definitely be higher than that for cleaning a wool coat. The average cost for cleaning a coat lies between $6 to $8.
Other price ranges exist.
• The average cost for a male Sweater is $10
• Female wedding gown is $150 – $250
• Female dress is $12
• Male windbreaker is $22
• Male overcoat is $22
• Average for a male shirt and trouser ironing only is $3 – $5
For a complete list of the cost of cleaning winter clothes in Singapore you can get it here: